6.11.07

On..." Vicent, Trains and the joys of being two feet tall..."


06.11.07
Uvieu,España

Summer returns to the Rainy city.
Everybodies flippin'.
To bleedin' hot for those fur coated line backin'
old ladies that crowd the sidewalks on calle Uria
The Greenbay Packers should have
such a bulky, fearsome crew.
Mink. Put's the fear of God in me,so it does.

Trees are flippin'
Birds are flippin'.
The Junkies in the Campilline...
Flipped. Really.
Hot

The dogs back. Nuf said.

Am livin' in rewind.
Hearin' an seein' things long forgotten
The work is changing to fit the moment....
At the moment I'm thinkin' on....

...A little bedroom filled with National Geographics
from the Fifties. I'm two feet tall.
a Million old ink pens.
paper clips
rubber banded postcards
Books, never knew what sorta books
but musty and numerous....
Big furniture
scrathcy mauve sofa
millions of ants
black walnuts on the lawn
Avon "Soft Shoulders"
Crisp white sheets with lace boarders
a Red light buld...
the smell of my great Grandmother's house.
On Walnut St, i think.
Maybe it was Orchard St.?
...had train tracks out behind the back garden
Once sat on those tracks listening to a bums story
Man named Vincent, and he was from Texas..
" I'm from Texas", i remember him sayin'
..." Don't talk to strangers !! " my Grandmother
scolded...giving Vicent a sandwich wrapped
in a paper napkin...taking me into the house
where I ate mine
thinking of Texas and
trains....
Years later I would experience
Texas
and trains....
I'd forgotten about Vicent
until the other day...
had forgotten alot of things
until the other day....

Be well todo mundo...
J.Level
Foto©spl2007