22.1.09

Yuma, again...




...Received another invitation to the home
of the cousin of Styl666, my friend,
my wise and faithful reader, vocal critic
of my life, that she's followed for the
past years and a bunch a months...

Styl666 sez,
" ...You are invited this weekend 
to the house of my cousin
Yuri, but call him Ted...in Yuma.
This is the second invite you know ? ".
" He'll throw me in the snow.
I talk you know...." I said.
" There's no snow in Yuma
and you do talk a little much.
Watch that... " she reminded me,
pointing with a perfect nail.

I have been to and thru Yuma Arizona 
on various occasions
thruout this o this
long life of mine......On a motorcycle in 81'...
in a 68' Rambler in about 85'...
..on a couple of trains, who remembers when...
Who remembers Yuma, Arizona
after one of those Yuma fiery orange
and blood red sunsets
featherin' into that blue...?
Everybody remembers.
That blue in southwestern paintings
O'Keeffe
and Shepard,
and Ram Kur...
that blue is in the Yuma sky.
A ridin' the Amtrak east
or west...

To think the Bosnian brothers
have found Yuma,
seems divine.
The brothers I know from Bosnia,
would have loved Yuma...

I thank you for the invitation Styl 
but I'm hangin' in Seattle
where there's...
The paintings...
That big dog that loves you...
...Gretchen
and Jack
therapy...
...that soft futon,
and smokin' on the porch
with a fat squaril sittin' alongside
my barefoot...
He spoke Spanish, thank god,
and understood I wasn't
much into any drama...
" ...Been a hell of a 8 months, you know...
I have lost and gained much pretty quickly ",
I told " Raul ", I'd named him,
" ...A lesser brother wouldn't a made it Jess "
Raul said...
" Thanks man..." I said.


I'll wait for you here.
These are indeed enlightening times
for this poor, but famous artist,
so they are...

Styl666 said,
"  You burned everything you arrived with,
erased the fotos and the written stuff...
Now smoke and eat, drink and be well...
I will think of you every moment...
get a haircut your looking like a hippy...",

...and the plane flew off to Yuma,
and I drove on back to the Hill
and had some beers with Saloma.
haircut...
fix the headlight...
put the bumper back on...
re-strech the big Don Quijote...


Be well todo mundo,

J.Level