3.8.08

...the end of a scene



03.08.08
Vashon,Wa

.... thats the warehouse.
I am closing it down today.
It was a place I first painted big things
Really big things...
we shot how many films ?
plays and gatherings...? Tons.
The birthday party for Dani.
Myas and Steves wedding.
Myas and Steve's divorice party,
which was better than the wedding really,
they really fought like dogs, they fixed it.
They are still togeather, and happy.
Have a son named Kile, and he's 13 WO !
A happy, smart, handsome kid, they are blessed....
The guy 's from New Orleans that showed
up at 4;30 am to rehearse before their show
with Pearl Jam... long time ago.
I loved Tanisha in that warehouse
and she went away to become a great artist.
I loved Suzanne in that warehouse,
she went away to marry a millionaire
and is happy. The millionaire died,
and she's,
well,
a millionaire, living in France
with her son, Deamon.
My dad came there once for a week,
I smoked pot, and carried on with the plan.
He had a blast. We had a blast.
And I fell down the stairs once and busted
my knee up really good...
I took the first spainsh girl Pilar there...
She didn't get it.
Thought that living in a warehouse was too
primitive... she didn't get it.
She too married a millionaire
and is living in new Caceres,
that's Spain, and a good place for that one...
" too primitive..." indeed.

I'm moving the last stuff out today, giving back the keys
and am gone for good after 15 years.
Pulled out much treasure...
it's going out to the island.
Some to the girl, in Spain...
some to my brother...
spreadin' the stuff around...

The Island...
It's nice.
Everybodies nice.
It's nice.
I won't miss that old place.
Made me who I am today,
I don't need it anymore.
It's for rent again starting tommorow
I'll give you the number...
Going to the beach with the dog...

all good?
All good.

be well todo mundo,

J.Level

foto ©spl2008 " the warehouse 619 second ave. Seattle Wa. "