19.7.08

Steel...


18.07.08
Vashon,Wa.

...The brother's
asked if I could come over to the other side to work on a special house...
" ...well, aint' this the most beautiful house we've done yet..." i said.
Spent the day tellin' Steel,
and listening to Steel
a huge guy,
as delicate as anyone I know.
taught me much,
this sensitive
enlightened man.

We ate on Alki beach,
then sat on the balcony of the most
beautiful home we've done to date,
smokin' and confessin'
I try not to confess....
but I do...
I am workin' on NOT
apoligizing
or critizing
or judging.
These Steel words,
"...don't judge
don't critizize
don't apoligize...".
All right
and just
to those around
and distant...

We ended at the home of a saint.
She had lived her life in India,
careing for those
without,
she said,
" ... You'll be fine...",
over her glasses.
I had said nothing,
she was reading
and I am used to doing
my Zen thing
without a sound
more than a
"Squeeeeek...",
rubber on glass...
and moving on to the next room.
"...You'll be fine..." she said.
"...I know...",
I said.

I think alot about the choices
and the words.
The thoughts
that were as loud
as the screaming ever was...
I won't do that again, Steel.

" ...you missed a spot
riiiiiiiiiighht there..." I pointed.
He gave me an evil,
but loving stare...

I am blessed to have these people in my life,
I know.
I know...

Another good day
transforming things...


Be well todo mundo,

J.Level

foto:c 2008 spl " my painting's on the front lawn of El Prado, Madrid. March 2008