18.2.09

A tale of love, strife, adventure & beer..My three girlfriend's and one wife..." part 3

( 3rd and final snippet from the book )


Bobby was an Amerikan and one of the three people I knew
that spoke english. He sold cheap earrings to cute girls on
Calle Pintores , in tie dye and patchouli was also with a girl
named Venus...
" You gotta learn the langauge. They'll eat your soul if you don't..."
said Bobby...
The two cops coulda fooled anyone in that weird little town.
To me they looked like your typical mid day drunks walking up
to us standing there... " su documentos por favor..."
They wanted to see my papers... which I didn't have...
See, it happens to everybody, some beautiful spanish girl
comes up to you one day and sez " so do you want to see Spain ? "
and the next thing you know , your being arrested and ....

The cops walked me to the commisaria slowly.
They were intrested in this Amerikan, living in the
house of the good Doctor, and was Amerika really that large...
" So, you are the husband of Venus...", the short cop asked...
Walking by that little bar, the cop, that's the tall one
he's a hankerin'..." beer ? ", he sez to us.
No handcuffs that time. We sat for an hour
talking about Spain, as opposed to Amerika...
It was the great satan in 96'
what must they think now...?

Venus shows at around 2:00 at the commisaria.
There's laughing and hugs all around.
I'm in a cage, doors unlocked.
I am told there will be an expulsion hearing in the morning
Venus told the fat cops with the white beard to
" treat him well...", they talked a minute more then
laughed, looking at me.
" te quiero mucho mi amor no te preoccupies "
The fat cop asked if I was hungry, then shared his dinner from home
with me. We watched the Simpson's then the news
and like Ottis, I walked back to my cell and closed the door.
Tommorow would be a freak show...cop, lawyers, inturptures...
100 day's in Spain, I had already summed the place up
" Mayberry "


be well todo mundo,

J.Level

©jpl2008