19.10.07

9 years.....


19.10.07
Uvieu,España

9 years ago, my hair was black.
Washed up onto the beach about 4:00pm.
Washed up in Madrid.
We smoked in Puerto Del Sol...
" Now what ?"....I asked strange Venus
" To the Hotel Europa !!! of course... " sword drawn
Venus leds the way...

9 years later, my hair is gray.
Venus is long gone, and a 1000 paintings
have changed hands how many times over.....

I've The Girl
the little white dog
that huge roll of surreal art
and abouta millon words written on this
Weird and beautiful country... In which I remain
hopeful
respectfully indignant / content / fucked,
but content...
" Been a long hard ride, Domingo, so it has..."

I stood last July in the scorching heat
of Madrid's smoggy mid day rush
acrossed from the old Hotel Europa..
Kilometer 0
"... So, Brother..."
I said to myself,
" ...Been a freakshow gettin to this point,
back to the beginning again..."
I
said
to
myself...

The battle for position and knowledge
and the cultures constantly changing currents
The ripp tides and sharks have this poor artist
alittle worn
alittle tired
but only alittle tired
alittle worn....huh, thats nothin'.

"... Que tal oh..? "
"...Bien.Bien. Jodido, pero contento. Como todos..."
( Good.Good...fucked, but content, like everybody...)

Will go to "The Paloma" today and see Pepe,
the first to pour this artist a beer
in the rainy city
long ago.
He will ask, as always,
" How long ? "
" 9 years... " i'll say
...and Pepe will pour a beer we'll sit and talk
of fights and floods
art and shoes
mean girls and dogs
food and Juan Falcon
and España...
and of what a weird and beautiful place
we washed up onto long,
long ago...


I'm going back to bed.
It's 6:47 am.
The Girls there,
and it's always warm
and safe
Safe and warm....

Blessed ? You bet.
The Freakshow continues...

Be well todo Mundo...
J.Level
( Jlevel77@yahoo.com)
Painting:" Manoline Sculpture" 56x46cm oil/palaster/canvas
photo ©spl2007

NOTE: OK," T.I.D" of Portland, Maine. The stories
about Death and Jesus will continue. They will be
"happier and more socially relevant..." Yes, I painted that mural
in Malaga, and thanks for the foto. No. I've no plans to return
to America ever. You are a minor God... J.Level