11.6.11


Hardly summer in Emerald city.
Yard sales and clouds an rain....
the rest of the country bakes.
We are blessed,
yet it's a darkish blessed.

...Caught myself thinking of my friend Jamal Mohammad
whom now resides in Benghazi and his record store dream.
His stories of Venice beach in the 80's in which he and his family travel,
and rent an apartment at the beach... Jamal Mohammad
wanders off to see the " real Venice " an ends up at Tower records
where his mind was blown. That mind blowing would fuel many trips and traps
that barrel on and on til' the end, Madrid 2007, where we meet in a
concentration camp in southern Spain...He was being deported,
and the State was teaching me a valuable lesson...
They taught me tact. No confrontations. No accusations.
Allegations ? That's a whole other story..
I don't know what Jamal Mohammad learned ?
Indigence maybe ?
I will ask him when I see him.

...When the dust settles and the brothers clean things up
I am invited to have a show in his record shop...
I look very much forward to that day
Jamal Mohammad, so I do.

Be well Rebels of Libya
Be well todo mundo,

J.Level

Foto: " Ah- yeah...Ahhh- hey listen, I'm on a ladder, can I call ya back ? "
8"x 5" tempra, ink on paper 200$usd ©2011 spljpl