2.10.10

...When Dixie Brown comes to town everybody dances





It had been about a month out beyond the
fences. In weird and beautifully crowded
sunny windy rainy and oh so beery places...

...Meanwhile back at the Southern ranch
the scene is harsh at best.
Dixie Brown and rats
Rats
Angry housemates...
and mice.

Readin' that e-mail schmenge from my perch
above the bluest of clear views of the caves,
rocky coastlines and boredom that couldn't
have mattered less...those e-mails
really could have mattered less.

" Dixie Brown blew into town an everybody danced...".
A guy I know said a while ago. I'm sayin' it now.
The brother was old' and up to the same
old tricks. Usin' the same old lines. The same ol'
traps gettin' tripped in the end.
Always the same trap. Mice learn faster,
so they do. Time to remember the past traps
and adjust for health and changing centers of gravity.
Allow a few minutes in the getaway plan for stairs,
high curbs and frequent bathroom stops...
We aint' as young as we used to be, no ?.

I walked into the bedroom after a month away
from the scene and surveyed the contents... Dixie Brown did it again.
He left, again, with nothing but my favorite black leather jacket.
My favorite hat, and his cell fone ....Got my landlord Jues
for 835$, so he did, and like Portland and Oakland before that...
Then San Diego and Arizona before that.... Dixie Brown came to town
and everybody danced.

My memory of Dixie Brown was better without this last
dramatic trippin' of every trap there was awaitin' to trip.
I Hope to never see the brother again, so I don't.
Sorry to those affected,
so I am.
Jamie was right,
so he was.

Via con Dios Dixie Brown.
Nos te vulvas nunca jamas.


Be well todo mundo,

J.Level

foto: Dixie Brown
Foto:©2010 jplspl " Dead Explorer " Munich 9/10