7.5.09


on..." The freak show and it's passing thru the Valley of the Shadow of Death " pt 27
" Concord with Dan, lil' Mocisimos, and rememberin' when..."



...Concord, New Hampshire

...The last time Jesus passed thru this odd town
was a cold, cold April day around the year 2000...
A long trip ago.
Drivin' down Main to Center St. The cab driver looked back at Jesus in the mirror.
His eye's were red, his name was Lyle." ...Lil' Moco's is going to be nice isn't he...? ",
Jesus givin' his little neck a loving little squeeze... Lil' Moco wheezed compliance.
" ...Cold as a well digger's butt, wouldn't you say...? "asked Lyle.
'' ... yep I'm probably gonna freeze my skinny butt off..." said Jesus.
Lyle plooped Jesus in front of Dan's house on Center St. A two story walk up.
Dan had the first floor. The windows were blocked by small mountains of snow.
They had been that way for months.

The call Jesus made to Dan went a little like this...

" Hey Dan ? Danny Boy ? It's Jesus...
You know from the Greenwich Village West...Dixie Brown ?
Jasmin the transvestite ? Death ?..."
" Jesus ? Well I'll be damned where the hell are ya...? "
" Well, I'm in LA still, you know me, my walk in Century city, my paper,
and the Laker's..."
" You still got all those gun's and stuff...? "
" ...Ahhh, yeah. You know, huh, LA and all..."
" Yeah. Damned freaks..."
" I'm flyin' out of La Guardia on the 20th of April, I wanna pass by. Can I
stay with ya for a few day's, Dan...? Be nice to see you man, been a long while..."
" ... on one condition... You ain't comin' with that nut case Death ? cause if you is
the brother's sleepin' in the garage, I mean, man the last time was enough for anybody
my frick-in' God... opp's, sorry Jesus... But anyway I'm...."
" DAN ! Dan!! DAN !!! Death's not comin'... Just me ok ? "
" ...Ok. Ok... Hey what you weighin' in at nowaday's my fine brother...? ".
'". ..Oh about 150-160 maybe, why ? "
" Well yer gonna freeze yer skinny ass off brother, 60' below yesterday..."
" Yikes... That what Lyle said..."
" Yike's indeed. You bring the smoke and I'll take care of the rest..."
'' Thank's...Oh. I have a dog...."
" ...Of course you do... Talks ?"
" Yeah..."
" ...You are a strange brother, brother.
" ...Ahhh- Thanks, I guess..."

...And standing in front of that snow bound flat,
Dan came out in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt,
It was 2 degrees today in sunny New Hampshire,
was like San Diego to the guy back when he was young,
afro'ed and playin' in the band with Armando,
the barber, and a couple other guys...
called themselves The Wallflowers...
that was a long time ago.
Lil Moco found his way into Jesus's jacket.
" Will you freaks get us inside already...wheezzzz "
wheezzed Lil' Moco...
Lyle tossed Jesus's bag into the snow at the curb,
accepting the fare, and a tip from Jesus...
" Love your enemies Lyle..."
Lyle looked at his empty hand.
" Frikin' hippies " said Lyle, under his breath...


to be continued.

Be well todo mundo,

J.Level

©jpl2009 " on...The freak show and it's passing thru the the Valley of the Shadow of Death" pts 1-26